Did you ever feel the regret of not getting enough opportunity to talk about your special skills and talent during interview. If yes, don’t feel bad about this. It’s quite common and natural to feel like this. 80% of the candidates land up in a situation like this. So what to do?
Is there any way out?
Yes, of course…
Here are 6 ways to start afresh.
1. Advance Preparation
If you prepare well in advance, you will stay calm and confident. You will never fail to recall key points during discussion.
- Know what you want: Have clarity about your career goals so that you sound confident.
- Know who you are: Know about your strengths and weaknesses to speak up more about your ability.
- Be what you want to become: Keep upgrading your skills to stay ahead of the competition and get the job of choice. Keep investing your time in learning new skills.
- Present who you are: Update your resume correctly and highlight your measurable achievements to make a good first impression.
- Know your prospective employer : Research about the organization in detail so that you sound familiar with the company’s requirement
- Know about the role: Read the job description carefully and share your achievements matching Job description for faster decision making by the recruiter. Contact us for an exhaustive interview preparation checklist.
2. Identify your unique Skills
To stay ahead in this era of tough competition, it is very important that you identity or develop some unique skills. This way, you can prove yourself more valuable to the prospective employer. Write your unique skills statement. Let us know if you need any help.
3. Keep your key points /cards handy
This technique will instantly boost your confidence. Carry your 3 cards to recall important points
- Career goal card
- Unique Skills Card
- Achievements Card with measurable details
We can get this ready for you. Contact us to know more.
4. Keep your mind relaxed
It is important that you keep your mind very relaxed a day before and on the day of interview. Have a sound sleep a day before and start your day early. Organize all your documents. Do some deep breathing exercises. Have a proper breakfast and don’t forget to smile. Any hurriedness, stress or fear may reflect in your voice and expressions. So be confident about your own abilities. Be happy about your achievements. Look fresh, confident, joyful and presentable during your interview be it online or offline.
5. Be Creative and searchable in world wide web
Above all, if you wish to see early results and avoid instances of feeling regretful about not being able to communicate about your special skills during interview, then you must explore creative ways.
For this you need to capture the online space. How about special dedicated webpages that only talk about your special skills, talent, achievements, videos and hobbies? Your online version through your own website that anybody around the world can just search, click, find and connect with you.
This will not only give you an added advantage over other candidates but will also bring in more credibility and recognition among your existing employer, colleagues, family, friends in your neighborhood, locality , country and the whole world.
No matter, how short your next interview be, you will always have a chance to talk about yourself by sharing your own website link with the recruiter in 20 secs.
If you need any help, we are here to help you build an attractive portfolio or CV website. You may also explore other creative options such as video resume or get personalized guidance.
6. Take action right away & see the difference
Learning without action has no meaning. Take action right away, follow all points and see the difference in your life. If you need any help, we are here to support you.
Just write an email at [email protected] or call us at 8447144717.
Don’t waste time worrying about rejections or failures. Every new day brings limitless possibilities to explore. Just make up your mind and take action fast.
This blog is a life saver. Many a times, I feel that i couldn’t speak up. I liked the 5 straightforward points. I never viewed interviews from such a perspective. May be now i will prepare in advance.