Check the top 15 websites to quickly search for jobs in this post-covid-19 pandemic era.
This post has been written keeping in mind one question that is being asked over and over again by several colleagues, friends, and family members – Is there a job for me? I have come across several people asking the same questions with great agony – I’m looking for a change… I have no job… Where to get it? Where to apply? The pandemic has changed everything… It seems there is no job…
While the reason behind difficulty in searching for the dream job may be as difficult and varied as finding the job itself, something can definitely be done than doing nothing about it. A successful career demands an overhauling of one’s personality, behaviour, attitude, decision making, skills and networking.
While we will be covering all of these in our next articles, here’s something you can try so that you are at least aware of the jobs around you and you can apply.
Many times, people don’t even know about popular job sites besides a few. Why don’t you try out the following job sites to brighten up your chances of getting the job of your choice? So don’t be lazy to try it out.
Please note that the following list of websites is in random order and not in any order of ranking in terms of popularity, job postings or any other area.
1. ‘Indeed.com‘ https://in.indeed.com
It is one of the most popular job sites among jobseekers globally including in India. Indeed is an American worldwide employment website for job listings launched in November 2004. It is a subsidiary of Japan’s Recruit Co. Ltd. And is co-headquartered in Austin, Texas and Stamford, Connecticut with additional offices around the world. According to their website, indeed.com has about 250M unique monthly visitors 17M resumes 32M total ratings and reviews. 10 jobs are added per second globally 75M salaries. You may explore relevant job openings on this website. https://in.indeed.com/about
2. Naukri.com https://www.naukri.com/
Naukri.com is the flagship brand of Info Edge (India) Limited and India’s largest online job website. To retain its leadership position, the company constantly invests in product development and improved user experiences through search tools and better site response.
As of March 31, 2016, naukri.com had a database of about 46 million registered job seekers and an average of about 12,000 résumés were added daily. If you are actively looking for a Job, then you must leverage the vast job network available on this platform.
3. LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/jobs
LinkedIn was officially launched in 2003, the world’s largest professional network with nearly 800 million members in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
You may browse for jobs on LinkedIn. LinkedIn has gained a lot of popularity in professional networking and authentic job postings. You may try building a good profile page on LinkedIn and exploring good job opportunities. https://about.linkedin.com/
4. CareerBuilder https://www.careerbuilder.co.in/
Over the past 20+ years, CareerBuilder has helped millions of people find jobs. Career Builder is a global, end-to-end human capital solutions company. You can find CareerBuilder and its subsidiaries in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
5. Monster https://www.monsterindia.com/
Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and has expanded from its roots as a “job board” to a global provider of job-seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management products and services. Headquartered in Hyderabad, Monster India started its operations in 2001 and has a presence in 11 other cities of India viz., Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmadabad, Baroda, Chandigarh and Cochin.
6. TimesJobs https://www.timesjobs.com/
In January 2004, TimesJobs.com, the fastest-growing Indian online recruitment portal, was born with a mission to reach out to all Indians in the country and abroad and provide them with the best career opportunities available.
7. Shine.com https://www.shine.com/
It was founded in 2008, and over the past decade, Shine.com has become a prominent name in the recruitment industry. The popularity of the portal is evident from the fact that it has crossed the 3.4 crore candidate landmark and has more than 3 lakh latest job vacancies from leading companies on the site.
8. Internshala https://internshala.com
Launched in 2010, Internshala is now quite popular among students or graduates with 0-2 years of experience in India. You must explore this platform for internship opportunities.
9. Glassdoor https://www.glassdoor.com
Glassdoor launched in 2008 with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. It is quite popular among people looking for more insights about jobs and companies. It offers insights into the employee experience powered by millions of company ratings and reviews. Not many people are aware that Glassdoor also helps you find the latest jobs. You may try this. https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/
10. iimjobs https://www.iimjobs.com
The iimjobs network has now grown into a platform connecting more than 13,00,000 jobseekers. You may explore this platform for finding jobs in India. https://www.iimjobs.com/aboutus
11. ‘Simply hired‘ https://www.simplyhired.co.in/
Simply Hired is a job search engine that collects job listings from all over the web, including company career pages, job boards and niche job websites. Simply hired job search is also tailored for India.
12. Upwork, Freelancer.com or Fiverr https://www.upwork.com/
If you are looking for more flexibility in your career, you may be interested in exploring work marketplaces such as Upwork, Freelancer or Fiverr. These online portals connect businesses with freelancers, independent talent, and agencies around the globe. You may also find another portal flexjobs job site to find vetted remote, work-from-home, and flexible job opportunities. https://www.flexjobs.com/
You can get an aggregate of all the jobs posted online on google’s platform. Just type “Jobs” in the google search bar to get all nearby jobs. You may further refine it by field of work, location or other details. This may save you time by quickly scanning through all the current jobs.
14. Your dream company’s job site or career portal
Many times, companies post the latest jobs on their own career webpage. Type your dream company’s name in search engines such as Google and get a website. Visit your dream company’s website and find the career page in the header or footer section. You may follow the instructions given on the page and apply.
15. Creative HR Quantum Pvt Ltd www.creativehrquantum.com www.searchmysolution.com
It’s time to be creative. Be visible
Applying for job is only a small part of the whole story. A successful career demands an overhauling of one’s personality, behavior, attitude, decision making, skills and networking. In order to stand out, you need to explore creative ways and build key skills.
Enrol for customized one-to-one sessions focusing on your problems, goals related to job search, interview skills, notice period transition or any other problem related to your career.
Creativity is the need of the hour. To stand out amid tough competition in post covid-19 era, be creative. Your unique skills need to be highlighted. How about a CV or portfolio website? This can instantly boost your visibility. Consult us for more creative options.
You not only learn key skills but also get special creative boosters and technology-backed-up solutions to get your problem solved. You may contact at 8447144717 or write an email at [email protected].
Caution Points and Tips
- Be aware of calls from scammers posing as recruiters from top companies or job portals with similar email ids or websites. Minutely check the website URL and email ids before attending to the emails and calls.
- You must avoid applying for job postings requiring no specific skills or experience, but offering attractive salaries. These may be scammers.
- It may be a fraudulent job posting if you observe spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, poorly written job description, or unofficial email ids created using free webmail services such as Gmail, yahoo, Hotmail etc.
- Be wary of paid job offers. Authentic employers do not require any fees to be paid by job seekers. So do not apply for such jobs.
- Stay away from replying to emails for online jobs that ask you to provide bank information.
- Never agree to meet the employer at a private residence for an interview
- First of all, you need to have clarity about how you want your career life to be. For this spend at least half an hour writing about career goals, and your unique skills and list all that you enjoy doing. Then pick the relevant job postings and apply accordingly.
- Do not apply for every job posting on every job portal that comes your way. Shortlist the job postings matching your goals, aspirations and skills and then apply. This will save you time and energy to prepare for the next steps may be an interview.
- Carry your value proposition card always ready with you. This will give you the much-needed confidence and clarity while attending interview calls and make a great first impression. Please feel free to get in touch with us..
- To a greater extent, highlight your specific skills and experience matching the job requirement. This will help the recruiter to quickly determine your fitness for the job and ensure a greater success ratio.
- Keep all the information mentioned in your CV correct and up to date mentioning your latest achievements and updated contact details. Any fake or incorrect information mentioned by you in your CV or profile may lead to blacklisting by the recruiter.
- Build your profile page effectively on job sites and social or professional networking sites. Use engaging headlines. Enter relevant keywords and key skills. Recruiters generally enter specific skills or keywords in the software to find matching candidates and your profile may appear in the list only if you have entered the correct skills or keywords in your profile.
- To stay ahead, you need to get trained on the latest skills related to your field of work or industry. Don’t know what to do. Get personalized guidance from us.
- To stand out amid tough competition post-covid-19 era, be creative. You must highlight your unique skills. There are several creative ways to do that. How about a CV or portfolio website? Consult us for more creative options.
Thanks. This is quite informative. Earlier, I was not aware of all the websites mentioned in this blog. I also liked the creativity part. I might explore this option.
Thanks Riya. We are happy to know that you found the information provided in the blog useful. You may search relevant jobs on the various jobsites as mentioned in the list. To further boost your talent visibility, you can also explore creative options. You can consult us for more details or drop an email at [email protected] .
The link to book personalized consultation is as follows:
This is an interesting read. I could find all jobsites under one roof. I am quite optimistic that i will find a new job soon. I am also quite interested in having my own CV website. Let me know the process.
Thanks Sandhya. We are delighted to know that you liked the information provided in the blog. You may search relevant jobs on the various jobsites as mentioned in the list. To further boost your talent visibility, you can also explore the option of having a CV website. The link is as follows https://www.esimplifysearch.com/products/portfolio-cv-website?_pos=1&_sid=8066ae1c3&_ss=r
For any queries, you may drop an email at [email protected]